Often people unnecessarily bring water purifiers in the house without even knowing whether they really need a water purifier or if they need a water purifier, why is it, etc. Often big water purifier companies need to tell this because of their marketing. Tries that their water purifier provides mineral water, but do you know about the truth of mineral water purifier that what are the benefits of drinking mineral water or what are its disadvantages, etc. I do not know and you want information related to this, then you must read this article till the end.
First of all, let us know how water purifiers work and what are its benefits, so basically water purifiers come with many types of filtration technology such as Ro, UV, etc., which help to keep the water bacteria and virus free by its membrane. Helps, but sometimes during this process, the essential minerals present in the water are also removed, due to which there is a lot of effect in the taste of the water and due to this you may feel weakness in the body. So it is meant to say that water purifiers have both advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages Of Water Purifier
Best For Hard Water
The reverse osmosis (RO) water purifier is the best solution for treating hard water.
Removal of viruses
RO water purifier removes toxins like lead, mercury, fluoride, arsenic, chlorine that make the human body sick. Metallic lead can cause brain damage and anemia.
Reverse osmosis water filters are excellent for removing cryptosporidium that is commonly found in lakes, rivers, and utility water.
Disadvantages Of Water Purifier
Removal of Essential Minerals
While a RO water purifier removes loose impurities, it removes natural minerals such as iron, magnesium, calcium, and sodium, which are essential for the human body. and causes mineral deficiency in the body.
Does not kill bacteria, viruses
RO water purifier does not kill bacteria and viruses that cause waterborne infections, there is a high chance that microorganisms can pass through the RO organ (with UV water purifiers for handling microorganisms). It is recommended to pass RO water through))
Changes in the taste of water
As the natural minerals are removed, the water degrades and as a result, the taste of the water is affected, leaving it tasteless.
Longer cleaning time
RO water purifier will take a long time to clean water.
Almost much more water than filtered water is released as wastewater.
Benefits Of Mineral Water
- Magnesium is one of six essential macro minerals found in mineral water and helps produce acids that reduce bad bacteria in the gut. Magnesium helps break down food into smaller portions, aiding in the overall digestive process and reducing the chances of constipation and other digestive problems.
- Potassium and magnesium play an important role in controlling blood pressure. While magnesium helps reduce the risk of heart disease and enables nerve function, potassium helps the body get rid of excess sodium as well as prevents muscle cramps.
- Minerals like calcium, sodium, bicarbonate, magnesium, potassium form electrolytes when they interact with the filters in our body. Electrolytes help your nervous system and muscles function and maintain pH balance. When we sweat, we lose those electrolytes. Drinking mineral water helps to replenish what is lost and can balance electrolytes in the body.
- Minerals play an important role in flushing out foreign toxins from the body through the kidneys. This prevents toxins from building up their immune system.
Demerits Of Mineral Water
- Most manufacturers sell mineral water in plastic bottles. These contain a toxin called BPA, which interferes with normal hormonal function and causes infertility. But the microplastins in water bottles do not pose a significant safety risk.
- Consuming too much carbonated water can lead to tooth decay, as it is less toxic. Also, carbon dioxide can cause abdominal pain and bloating.
- People with poor kidney health should limit their intake of mineral water due to its high salt content.
- Another great threat is that posed by plastic wrap to the environment. The shipment is filled with plastic bottles. Glass containers are not easy to replace either, as they use a lot of hazardous materials and a lot of energy.
Things To Consider Before Buying Water Purifier
So if you are planning to take a water purifier, then buy a water purifier keeping these given 4 factors in mind because on the basis of these factors you will know whether it is right for you to take a water purifier or not.
- Smell the water – Use your olfactory senses to measure the quality of the water. If you find a bleach odor in your water, it is due to the chlorine added to the water by your local treatment plant. If you find a rotten egg odor, then it indicates bacterial growth in the water. Moldy or earthy odor indicates decomposition of organic matter in the water.
- Check the taste – Check the quality of the water with your taste buds. If the water has an unpleasant or metallic taste, then it has low Ph levels or excessive mineral content. Excess chlorine in the water results in a bleach taste.
- Presence of Particles – See if the water has tiny visible particles. Generally, small particles of rust can be seen in the water due to oxidation in pipes and faucets. Apart from this, if the water appears cloudy, it indicates a high content of calcium and magnesium present in the water.
- Check the color – If the color of the water is brown or pale yellow, it suggests the immediate need for a water purifier. Dark, dark water can once again be the result of rusted pipes and faucets.
- Corrosion Buildup – Check your pipes and taps for corrosion buildup. You may see a blue, white, or rust-colored build-up in the pipes, indicating the presence of foreign particles in the water.
During this article, an attempt has been made to clear you whether you should take a water purifier or not because many people buy water purifiers unnecessarily and later they see a lot of changes in their body, then this mistake is with you too. If not, then keep those things in mind.